Member Portal “Already Enrolled” FAQ’s
- Do I need to have an email address to access the Member Portal?
Yes, each participating member must have a unique email address on their record and a corresponding password in order to log on to the system. If you do not remember your email address, you may click on: “Forgot your email address”. If you do not remember your password, you may click on: “Forgot password”.
- Can my spouse and I use the same email address?
No, each person that enrolls will need to have their own unique email address. If you and your spouse (or dependent) entered the same email address in both profiles, you will need to click on: “Forgot your email address”, as duplicate emails were not allowed in the system.
- How do I update my banking information?
You will go to the Already Enrolled button and login with your username and password. Select the Account Information tab. Go to Bank Information and click Update. Remember to save your changes.
- I switched clubs. How do I change them on the NIHCA site?
You will go to the Already Enrolled button and login with your email address and password. Please select the Account Information tab (Reminder: Please have your new barcode or member number ready) and type in the name of the new club. Save your changes.
- What is a Fitness center barcode?
Your fitness center barcode is assigns by your fitness center as a unique identifier for each member; please ask your fitness center.
- My insurance changed, when should I change it in my profile?
If you changed to a new insurance provider or received a new insurance policy, you will need to wait until the 1st of the following month that you were effective. Go to Member Portal and login with your username and password. Go to the Insurance tab and update your insurance information. Save your changes.
Example: New Insurance Provider effective January 1st, wait until February 1st to change.
- How do I add my spouse to my NIHCArewards?
Each individual member needs to have their own account and your spouse will need to enroll in NIHCArewards by selecting First Time Enrollment under the Member’s Tab. Add your spouse by making a new account profile using their information.
- How many times do I need to work out in order to qualify for my reimbursement credit?
Call member services on the back of your insurance card if you are unsure, as it varies per insurance company.
- Can I add my child as my 2nd person on my plan?
Usually, 2 people under the same insurance plan can be reimbursed for their workouts, but not always – so it’s best you call. There are some programs that allow children (18 years of age or older) to be included in the Fitness Reimbursement Program. You will need to verify eligibility qualifications with your HR department or insurance company.
- What if I attend two gyms? Can I register at both of them?
No, your insurance plan will reimburse (1) credit up to the $20 reimbursement at one gym only, not two – nor do your workouts at each gym combine together to form a total monthly workout count.
- How do I re-enroll after I stopped attending the gym?
You will select Already Enrolled under the Member’s tab to update any personal information. The gym will be responsible for approving your profile and submitting your workouts.
- How do I see how many times I have worked out in a month?
NIHCArewards does not sync with your club software in real-time, so please ask your fitness center for your monthly workout counts. However, once the insurance companies have responded back, typically 30 days after the month has ended, members will be able to see how many total monthly workouts were reported under the reimbursement history.
- Are my workouts calculated by calendar month or fiscal month?
Workouts are calculated by calendar month; one workout per day is counted.
- How do I find out if my club offers NIHCArewards?
You may go to Club Finder; under the Club Finder Tab select First Time Enrollment. You will then be directed to choose an insurance partner (eligible group #) and enter the clubs zip code. If your club is listed, you may Enroll Online! If your club is not listed, you may request or nominate your club. (http://www.nihca.org/find-a-club/nominate-a-club/)
- When will I receive my credit?
You will receive your reimbursement around the last week of the following month. (Example – April’s reimbursement credit would pay out the last week of May.)
- Can I call in my workouts to my gym if I work out at home or somewhere that isn’t at my gym?
No. You must work out within the walls of the facility to qualify for reimbursement.
- How do I contact a representative at NIHCArewards?
Yes, we can help! Please call 320-722-0084.